Q. Who is eligible to apply for a security licence in NSW?
A. If you wish to apply for a NSW security licence, you must:
- be 18 years of age or over;
- be a fit and proper person to hold the class of licence sought;
- have the relevant competencies and experience required;
- have successfully completed the required training (including assessment);
- be competent to carry on the security activity to which the proposed licence relates;
- have Australian work rights; and
- obtain either a NSW Driver Licence or Photo Card or Customer Number from Roads & Maritime Services (RMS).